Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Yoda's Expressions

Just like to share with you folks this 3D model of Yoda I did a year ago during my in-between-jobs period. I had so much fun modeling, creating morph-targets and tweaking my creation.

For you folks out there new to 3D animation, I recommend you give Lightwave 3D a try although we all know 3D Studio Max and Maya are the bigger players here. It's a lot easier to pick up (no icons to decipher) and the morph targets are embedded in the original mesh, unlike the rest where you have to clone the original and tweak from that. Imagine if you need to change the base mesh, you will have to manually changed the rest of the morph targets as well.

Well, for Lightwave you won't have to. Any tweak to the base mesh will propagate down to the rest of the morph-targets. Now how cool is that ?

No comments: